TVO is committed to providing accessible customer service to all of its customers. The objective of this policy is to meet the requirements in accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07).
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("AODA") is a provincial act with the purpose of developing, implementing, and enforcing accessibility standards in order to achieve accessibility for persons with disabilities with respect to goods, services, facilities, accommodation, employment, buildings, structures and premises. Under the AODA, Ontario Regulation 429/07 entitled "Accessibility Standards for Customer Service" came into force on January 1, 2008. This Regulation establishes accessibility standards specific to customer service for public sector organizations and other persons or organizations that provide goods and services to members of the public. Designated public sector organizations, including TVO, must comply with this standard as of January 1, 2010.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07) and addresses the following:
- the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities.
- the use of assistive devices by persons with disabilities.
- the use of service animals by persons with disabilities.
- the use of support persons by persons with disabilities.
- notice of temporary disruptions in services and facilities
- customer feedback regarding the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities; and
- notice of availability and format of documents.
Course Navigation Recommendations
For the best user experience from a PC, please use Chrome for your web browser. For MAC users, Safari is recommended. Courses function optimally when a keyboard/mouse combination is used, rather than a touchscreen. Mobile and tablet experience optimization will be available in future releases. If you have questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Features for Improving Course Navigation
To improve your course navigation experience, the following accessibility features are available via your computer’s operating system and web browser.
You can customize your mouse cursor/pointer to suit a variety of needs, including slowing down the speed (tracking) for easier handling, and changing its appearance to make it more visible.
For Windows operating systems:
- Windows 7 mouse settings
- Windows 10: Select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Mouse pointer
For Mac operating systems:
Many web browsers (Chrome, Explorer, Safari, etc.) allow you to zoom in on web pages to enlarge text and other page elements.
- For Windows operating systems: press Ctrland + to zoom in (Ctrl and – to zoom out).
- For Mac operating systems, press Cmdand + to zoom in (Cmd and – to zoom out).
- Magnify the mouse pointer
Text to Speech
Your computer can read web pages aloud through text-to-speech features.
For Microsoft Windows users, the capabilities of the feature (known as Microsoft Narrator) vary depending on your operating system:
For more advanced screen-reading capabilities, other software is available that is compatible with Microsoft Windows:
- A free and open-source screen reader: NVDA (Nonvisual Desktop Access)
- A common commercial screen reader: JAWS (Job Access with Speech)
For Mac users, VoiceOver is available as a standard part of the OS X operating system.